Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sights of Sunday

Along the sides of the trail there were dainty little flowers and wild strawberries.Sometimes I find comfort in things that are so old, enduring, and firmly rooted. Lately trees have been on my mind.I am strongly affected by my surroundings, which I attribute to growing up in Maine...... A beautiful place. I miss it ....... the people, the mind set, the honesty, the sights, the smells, the places, the food, the familiarity. I could go on and on. Anyway, sometimes I catch a glimpse of something and it takes me on a mind journey. Sometimes to places I have been, other times to places I imagine and the story just rolls out in my mind. These stairs were magical. They can lead anywhere your mind wants them to go. Isn't it wonderful.There again places I've been and places I dream of. Peaceful. I love this spot.




We built a fairy house. It is hard to see all of the detail in the picture but it was well thought out and built with care.


Two hours of playing with only nature as our toy. Not a single complaint or spat from the boys. We over stimulate our kids all to often. Their minds and hearts grow when things are simple.
The next time the day just seems too beautiful to go home, don't go home. Go somewhere you can enjoy the quiet and be happy. But remember, you won't be happy unless you decide to be open to it.


No comments: