Monday, June 23, 2008

Kid's Weekend

We spent Friday afternoon lounging and playing at the pool. Sometimes it feels like the sun rays shine right through to your spirit. Warming and comforting your emotions. Dinner on the grill and a mesmerizing bon fire to end the evening. Yes, there was snoring at the bonfire......a fine way to drift off into the night. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzI asked Joey's parent's for gift cards to Monkey Joe's for the boy's for Christmas that are good for ten visits. I wanted something that they could do through out the year. My boy's don't need any more toys. They like for us to be able to go and do on the weekends so gift cards to go places are great. The boys ran and bounced around, while Joey and I did some of our favorite things.... I read and he stared off into space. We had a birthday party for a little friend on Sunday that we needed to buy a gift for. We went to the Learning Express to pick out a treat for him. Oh yeah....Shrinky Dinks and a Melissa and Doug puzzle. Now that will make for a good afternoon.
The birthday party was four hours of mini golf, bumper boats, go carts (I forgot how fun that is), pizza & cake , and games. Rented some Red Box movies on the way home and called it a weekend.
As we came up over the hill on our way home the sunset was breath taking. It was literally setting before our eyes. I wanted to drive to the lake to watch it go down but it was gone within minutes. We all winced a little as it slipped behind the trees.
Monday was all about getting things back in order. Laundry, cooking, cleaning, coupon clipping, and such. Joey helped me make grape pops for the freezer. They are so yummy. I think it should be yummie.... because anything that ends in that sound I think should be spelled "ie". Tubbie, tummie, Mummie, it's just cuter. The boy's call me Mummie and I love it. I would have made my blog Pink Potato Mummie but I was assured that no one would find it that way. It will always be right that way in my head. :)I made soup with some of the veggies from our CSA. It was zucchini, squash, green pepper, onion, carrot, tomato, tomato juice, and brown rice with some chicken broth. After it was cooked I put it in the blender until smooth and then mixed in a cup of tomato sauce and some basil and rosemary from my garden. ( garlic salt & pepper) It turned out like creamy tomato soup which is exactly what I told everyone it was. Sprinkled with parm cheese and they loved it! (I explained all of the ingredients after everyone had finished.) Tomato soup that's really got it all in there. Yummie :)


1 comment:

Cristin said...

I thought I left a comment on this the other day... hmmmm..

anywho... I love those indoor play centers.. we have a great one nearby..

And those frozen grapes sound fab right now it's so freakin hot and muggy....I've never tried them before...