Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Monday & Tuesday

Lunch at a cool little Irish Pub in downtown Asheville. Wicked fried pickles and fish & chips. I'm an Irish gal for those who don't know. Mostly Irish with a little sprinkle of other things. This is my maiden name in Gaelic.
Little man at the Mast General Store. Oh boy I could have gone nuts in that place, but no, I got things for the boys and others. I have been saying no to buying in true "Story of Stuff" fashion. The desire to buy has subsided. Everything I look at I first ask myself do I really NEED it???(most likely no) And second, can I make it myself???? Usually yes. I would love to be completely debt free, so this helps. Note: Nothing good at any of the Goodwills. I am looking for Pyrex dishes and when I didn't find them.....I didn't buy anything else.
We went to the Western Carolina Farmers Market today. What a great place. We bought a few things to go along with some goodies in the cooler and had a cozy rainy day picnic in the truck. Jalapeno pickled eggs, cukes, Havarti with dill, and hot veggie mix - mmmm, mmmm good. I could have gone crazy with some of the cheeses.
We literally drove out of the rain. It was great. Those hopeful sun beams again. It's fun to be in Tennessee again. I wouldn't want to live in this area, but its a great place to visit. We got married here. Going to the Ripley's Aquarium and the Salt and Pepper Museum (Okay....that's for me) along with a few other places in the next few days. We are all starting to get tired. We are going to need rest when we get home.


No comments: