Monday, December 8, 2008

So we're hangin' in

Well we've made it through the weekend. No cramping or spotting, just nauseated and peeing a ton. Too much, I believe. The nurse said that I don't have a UTI. I do. I have been thinking about my appointment last week and there are a few things that are really bothering me. I refused all of the fetal tests and the HIV test. I had one years ago and I don't need another. There is this sonogram that they do around 11/13 weeks to test for Downs Syndrome.. The lady at the front desk seemed floored when I said that I wasn't interested in having it done. She said she "strongly" suggested that I have it done so I could make my decision from there. I looked her right in the face and said "What decision would that be?" She stumbled.......bad. Her reply......."Oh you know, what would be best." I just shook my head. What is wrong with some people?? Would she walk up to a sweet child with Downs and tell them that it is a shame they are alive? I want a baby. Another child to love and teach, and for our family to enjoy. For her to suggest I would only want what she thinks would be a "perfect" child really pissed me off. Maybe a baby with Downs would be perfect for us. Maybe we would be perfect for it. No one leaves comments anymore so don't go and leave me a comment now about someone you know who has a child with Downs and how hard it is. Ask them, they wouldn't trade their child in. Any who.......
I have never been as sick feeling with any of my other pregnancies. I have always been tired and a little nauseated, but when I get up in the night or first thing in the morning I feel pretty bad. Happy to feel bad, but still bad. I haven't gotten barely anything done here. I am spending most of the day on the bed with the kids. Yesterday I made a big roast, we had a roaring fire, Christmas music on, and we were going to decorate the tree. COCO had thrown up in the morning and seemed to get worse as the day went on. While we were doing the tree she threw up blood. That made me really nervous so we looked up an animal hospital in the area. Joey took her and the kids and I stayed home with the fire and the roast in the oven. I felt like I would stress too much going too. I don't need to stress right now. They did x-rays and said they didn't know what it was. The Vet gave her three meds and Joey a bill for $395. Thanks. She offered to keep her overnight for $1,000. She also gave her fluids in her back instead of through an IV. New to me. Joey brought her home and she has been laying on the bad with me just resting. I have given her syringes of water, a few saltines, and her meds. She seems to be doing okay She is so little (6lbs) and I get nervous easy with her. It's like when your kids are little and get sick, you worry more than when they get older. Seems like they can handle more the bigger they are. I am in need of a shower and am going to try and get something done today. Wish it was Thursday already.

1 comment:

Cristin said...

I refused those tests too. Even after I had Graham. I spent my entire pregnancy with Dottie feeling certain she had Downs. I thought it would make sense for me to have a Downs kid... I was fine with it. I was so surprised when she came out 'normal'....


Some people just don't get it... and they suck.