Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Earth Day

These are my favorite flowers in my front yard. I planted them last year and was so pleased to see them come back this year. Their color is amazing and I feel happy every time I see them. We spent our day talking about caring for our Earth that provides for us in so many ways. When I was young my Father would constantly say "don't stand there with the refrigerator open" or "shut the water off when you brush your teeth." That many years ago he was aware and actively being earth friendly. I was annoyed by it when I was younger, because my world didn't go far beyond myself then. I am grateful that he planted that seed. I find myself now saying the same things to my boys.(big one & littles) Along with many other reminders :) It makes me proud to hear my four year old reminding his father or brother to turn things off. If I can continue to instill those thoughts in my boys hopefully they will continue their grandfathers quest in their lives with their children and we will all have made a difference together. If everyone would just do their part, all those parts would really make a big impact. Sometimes I get frustrated with people that think raising kids is one track. There are so many things that we need to teach our children outside of please/thank you and ABC's & 123's. Oh I could go on and on, but not today.We spent the day outside playing, walking, and working in the yard. We committed to doing some new things around our house (like a rain barrel) and recommitted to keeping up or doing better with our Eco-friendly ways. We also visited our awesome family friendly chiropractor Dr. Byrd at www.chiro4health.us Every patient left the office with a energy star bulb and a good little hand out. I love doing business with good people. I hope everyone had a great day! These pictures are mostly for my sisters enjoyment. These were part of the VW caravan we saw last weekend on our ride home. You can see the vintage 7-up cooler on the roof rack of the bug. I was jibber-jabbering about wishing I could paint the trees like Bob Ross and didn't see them until we were right next to them. I wish I could have gotten my camera out quicker and got the rest of them. www.onboardfabrics.com has the best VW fabric along with several others I'd love to have. Laurice you NEED that fabric :)

Tomorrows plan is to sew, sew, sew! The beige flower is for a dress, the green flower a scarf or shirt, the polka dot with ribbon a bed for CoCo and I'm still thinking about the other two. The green is retro salt and pepper shakers, so cute! I am thinking an apron. We have had runny noses from the pollen and I am going to repurpose some old shirts into some handkerchiefs that are a little more masculine than my flowered/embroidered ones for the boys.


No comments: