Sunday, July 13, 2008

Florida

The boys and I (and my puppy COCO) decided to take a spur of the moment road trip. My Mom and Dad live in Florida so we packed our bags, supplies, and snacks and headed out last Monday. We left around 3:45 - because that's just the way we roll - and got to my parents around 12:45. The boys were so patient. There were a few tears the last hour on and off, but on the whole they did really well. I bought Shrinky Dinks a while ago and they made it in the bag. I love doing crafty stuff with the boys. Even though they are six years apart they both enjoy it. I remember being given a Shinky Dink in first grade by an admirer. They were fun to make when I was little and they still are now.
The noises they made were like they were watching fireworks.
Salvation Army retail therapy prescribed by my Mom. Oh treasures!!!!! I mean some serious feel good stuff. Joey was born in70', I wasn't born until 75'. If I could only have found the Butterfly Gold salt and pepper shakers. I would have jumped up and down like I did when I found my butter bell at goodwill. Thrifting is so exhilarating.

No comments: