Sunday, July 13, 2008

Tarpon Springs

I must first start by saying that I am eating cinnamon raisin rice pudding with whipped cream and oh my............ it's bowl lickin' good. So there is a little town close to my parents called Tarpon Springs. It's a quaint predominately Greek fishing town. I love visiting the Sponge Docks. Google it and learn about the sponges and culture. If you ever get the chance to visit, put on a pretty sundress and big hat and go for a stroll. Buy some sponges & olive oil soap, have lunch at Mama's and desert at Hella's. The Tarpon Springs Aquarium is inexpensive and fun. If you go to www.spongedocks.net there is a map and coupons for the area. I was trying to stay still to take this picture.I am most afraid of Alligators. I touched one the other day. I faced my fear and it felt so good. I really didn't put much thought into it, I just did it. Like now or never. Definitely now.
Max making friends with a baby alligator.
The shark feeding show is great. Matthew's favorite part of every aquarium is the diver guy.
Feeding the little sharks. One jumped and hit its face on the cage. We got wet but it was cool, just a few minutes outside in the sun and we were good as new.

No comments: