Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Whats been Cookin'

I am loving getting my CSA baskets. There is always tons of fresh organic veggies for us to enjoy. The boys favorite is still raw green beans and their long standing favorite...cucumbers. Joey and I love patty pan squash on the grill with a little olive oil and italian seasoning. We have gotten so much squash I am actually having to try and come up with different thing to do with it. This was baked zucchini breaded with italian style bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. They were very crunchy and good dipped in tomato sauce.
I made a big batch of salsa with all of our tomatoes. I packed some to take with us this weekend on our adults only weekend away. (first one since having Matthew 41/2 years ago) We didn't eat any of it and I ended up throwing it all away after seeing the warning about fresh jalapenos. They were the only ingredient I had to go to the store to get. Bummer! I love knowing right where our vegetables come from and not having to worry about recalls. We are thinking about going in on buying a grass fed, antibiotic and hormone free cow with a few of our friends. We would have enough meat to last us a year.
Carrot soup......oh yeah. So good. The seasoning is nutmeg, cinnamon, and mint. It would be great in the fall or for Thanksgiving.

No comments: