Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Today's CSA Basket

Having a kitchen full of delicious organic veggies is so wonderful. The boys have been eating green beans like crazy. I think part of the fun is snapping off the ends. They had cucumbers and bananas for breakfast.
I am going to try and find time to make salsa with the tomatoes.
Salad for dinner
I made soup today because I had hamburger that needed to be cooked. I am not a recipe person .(or a pattern person) It just leaves room for error. I am more of a wing it kinda girl. If I make it up it's always right. There are pros and cons that go along with being that way. I can make a meal out of just about anything, but I can't usually make the same thing twice..... similar...but not the same. I just put together what I think would taste good and be balanced. So the basic idea of the soup was olive oil, onion, hamburger, water, onion soup mix, carrot, green beans, yellow zucchini, summer squash, cabbage, chick peas, diced tomatoes, corn, and beef bouillon. My boys love chick peas so I add them to everything I can.


2 comments:

Cristin said...

Will you come and cook for my husband... he would love that and I'm useless in the kitchen..

Cindy said...

My door is always open.....come on by. Long ride but it would be fun, and I can handle the poop. You so aren't useless in the kitchen, you just need to embrace it.