Monday, September 8, 2008

Oh the Weekend........

Friday: Picked up Daddy at the airport
Saturday: Baseball........twice. Yes, four hours in the blazing sun. They love it, so I love watching them.
Dinner at our friends beautiful home.
Scrrrrrrreeeeetching halt....... ER visit. The boys were in their sons room jumping on the bed (we didn't know they were) when we heard a VERY loud thump. You know that scream that you will hopefully only hear a few times in your childs life when you know that something is very wrong??? If followed the thump. It was Matthew. My heart stopped briefly. I kicked off my flip flops and went running. He was coming down the hall towards me in the dark and I scooped him up. When I got in the light I could see the blood coming from his mouth and nose. His lip was already huge and the bridge of his nose was getting wider. He held his head and said it hurt "so bad". My legs were shaking and I felt like I was going to be sick. I love him so much and can't stand to see him in pain. We couldn't get the real story at first because no one wanted to get in trouble or get anyone else in trouble. I needed to know he was OK so we went to the ER just to get checked. He had fallen off the bed onto the hard wood floor on his face. He is okay and we left with instructions to wake him up every hour to talk to him. His little face is swollen and bruised up. He is such a positive spirit and brave. Oh I just love him so much.
Sunday: Starting to get the house ready to list if we move to New Jersey. We will probably know this week. Lots of talking and gathering information to make our decision.
Now: Sleep. I didn't sleep much last night . I was so worried and I guess with everything that has happened recently.

1 comment:

Cristin said...

I've been through some crap with Graham..but not that ER visit that every Mom dreads.... I'm glad he's ok...