Sunday, September 14, 2008

Waiting............

So we found a cute town and some nice neighborhoods, finally. We also found an apartment that we would really like. Are you ready????? 2,300 a month. Yes that's right, $2,300. We all felt terrible the whole trip and were sick. We eat all natural food - mostly organic, use all natural cleaning products, and all natural body care products. Sometimes you don't realize the difference it makes until you go away and have to eat out and use hotel products ( I don't fly often and didn't know about the 3oz. or smaller in your carry on rule - I hate to waste and when I had to throw my things away at the security gate, I wanted to cry!) Flying and lots of driving is not typical for us. We all felt so toxic. I couldn't wait to get home and cook for my family. So Joey will have a written offer from that company tomorrow, but we are hoping for an offer from the company here that he interviewed with last week. If Joey takes the job in New Jersey I will stay here with the kids to get everything packed and put the house on the market. That will not be any fun and I would much rather be playing and learning with my kids. Yes, and cooking and sewing. We were learning about boats last week. We read about different types of boats, what they are made of and how they move. Things that sink or float and why. Matthew was very interested in steam powered boats so we spent extra time looking at them and then made noodles for lunch so we could make our own steam. When we drove through Philly there we so many large boats and I got some pictures. I love when things like that happen, unexpectedly. I had to down half a bottle of wine in the parking lot before we flew home to calm my nerves some because the remedy that I took just wasn't cutting it. Have you ever had a child have to poop on the airplane??? Yeah two people just don't fit. Wiping your child and trying to not knock them into the toilet is rough. This all seems very random and not put together well so I should probably get some sleep and try again tomorrow. I hope I have good news to share on the job front.

1 comment:

Cristin said...

Can you imagine Graham on an airplane... and poop?? I might have nightmares tonight now...

The rent is outrageous! That's a mortgage payment!

I wish I could cook all organic like you.. I just wish I could cook!! We've been keeping the baby's diet as organic as possible, but it's hard... good for you.. you can come cook for me anytime!