Monday, September 15, 2008

Still Foggie (yes it's y, I know!)

No go for the local job.......... so packing it is. The local guy felt Joey was over qualified and found someone less qualified and willing to work for 20k less a year. The NJ company let him know that they finished drawing up the offer today and we will receive it in the next few days. I just keep reminding myself of how beautiful it will be to have a white Christmas again when I think of packing and being on my own with the kids for a month or two. I have been lucky, very lucky. I have lived in three new homes since we got married. We lived in one when we got married, built one a year later (job move) and then bought the one we live in now , new, two and a half years ago. We won't be living somewhere new in Jersey. I am OK with older, I am not OK with dirty. Snobbish spoiled brat........ I know, I know. Ugh I suck. I just can't put my little in a dirty tubbie. I have a very clean kitchen sink ( yes people have commented on it) and I like it. Maybe an old house with a new sink and bathtub???? We can't turn the job down unless the offer is real bad because it's an offer and a great company. Joey said he would like the job and that is important. But go to www.bestplaces.net and compare the town you live in with some towns in New Jersey on the cost of living comparison page. The housing is 121% more expensive there than here and 47% more expensive over all. That scares me. I want to live simply and debt free and I just don't see that happening there. I am going to do some searching in Pennsylvania. That excites me, being close to Amish country. We have a lot of thinking and figuring to do in the next few days. We have started getting the house ready for the realtor to come by and getting things together that can be packed now. I have the overwhelming urge to get rid of tons of stuff. I just might do it. Simple is so good.

1 comment:

Cristin said...

I love getting rid of stuff! It's cleansing.

I also love change, I like moving to new places.

Where in Jersey is the job? My aunt lives in Flemington, it's very close to Pennsylvania...It's beautiful out where she is.. I could see you out there... I can picture you in New Hope PA...